Hello Savvy Shoppers!
This week, Loblaws features fresh whole chicken for $1.99 lb. So I am sharing the following recipe which is a favourite in our house, a recipe that can be for a Sunday dinner or for a special occasion.
1 whole chicken, 3-3.5 lbs
1/2 lb ground beef/pork
1 stick celery
1 medium carrot
- Debone the chicken, and keep the skin on.
- Put the chicken flat on parchment paper. Cover with cellophane. Pound the chicken into a then layer that is about ½ inch thick. Remove cellophane.
- Prepare the ground meat mix with all the flavours you would use for your favourite hamburger or meatloaf.
- Spread the ground meat mixture onto the flattened chicken.
- With the help of the parchment paper, shape the chicken into a roll.
- Using the string, tie the roll at intervals like a salami.
- Roast pan:
A little olive oil, coarsely chopped onion, carrot, and celery.
Add a branch of rosemary and sage if you have these.
Place chicken on top of these ingredietnts.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for about 1 hour. Rotate 1-2 times.
- Take it out of the oven. Cover with aluminum foil. Let chicken rest 45 min.
- To serve:
Cut the chicken roll into slices.
Accompany with roast potatoes, a vegetable, and a green salad.
Buon appetito Savvy Shoppers!