As humans get older, what is the best way to fight aging? Are vitamins, supplements and regular exercise be the best ways to fight it?
[ This material is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. ]
- It is not just important at age 60 to prepare for an active and healthy retirement. It is much more effective to start already in midlife. Don’t wait until “things start to not work as well”.
- CoQ10, for instance, stimulates your mitochondria, the energy packages to give you more energy. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an antioxidant that your body produces naturally. Your cells use CoQ10 for growth and maintenance. Levels of CoQ10 in your body decrease as you age.
- Regular exercises keep your muscles and joints in top shape. It also strengthens your heart and lungs.
- Molecularly distilled fish oil capsules give you omega-3 fatty acids, that prevent inflammation. Often inflammation is linked to malfunctioning organs.
- Make sure that you eat a healthy, balanced diet. This gives you the nutrients your body cells need.
- Women at age 60 are likely in menopause. They should be on bioidentical hormone replacement. Men will reach andropause in their mid 60’s. They need a testosterone test, and if it is less than 500 ng/dL they need testosterone replacement therapy. Any family doctor can prescribe that.