If you use the Google CHROME browser, consider the use of extensions, practical little browser tools that perform particular actions.
What are EXTENSIONS
Extensions are computer tools for the Google CHROME browser that perform actions for you. An extension tool has been developed by a programmer to save you work and aggravation in doing the task which it does for you. What they do depends on the selected extension which has been installed; as example, extensions can do a variety of actions automatically from blocking unwanted ads to bookmarking visited sites.
Find EXTENSIONS and install in the CHROME Browser
You must be using the Google CHROME browser to do any of the following. Read all the instructions before going to the Chrome Web Store to “shop” for an extension.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store to “shop” for an extension.
- Click on an extension category on the left area of the display an amazing variety of available extensions. Scroll and select the extension which you want to use or try out. Note each extension thumbnail has a star rating under its title displaying its popularity.
- Click on the thumbnail to open its dialogue window where you can read a detailed description (overview), reviews, availability of support or help, and other extensions similar to this one (related). [see Fig. 1 below]
- To install the extension click on the ‘add to chrome’ button near the top right and the extension will be added the browser automatically.
- To go to the Web store: Click HERE .
Using the installed extension
How an extension is used varies on the extension’s purpose and will be examined in other posts on this web site. For now, simply examine the list of my favourite extensions.
MY FAVOURITE EXTENSIONS ( * excellent )
AppJump App Launcher and Organizer
Avast Online Security
Checker Plus for Gmail*
Checker Plus for Google Calendar*
Dropbox for Gmail
Email this page*
Evernote Web Clipper*
KeyRocket for Gmail*
LastPass password manager*
Save to Pocket
Sidekick by HubSpot*
Simple Gmail Notes*
Simple To-Do List*
Speed Dial (FVD)*
Streak for Gmail
Webmail Ad Blocker
Wunderlist for Chrome*
For help with Technology issues,
contact Richard: ___Click HERE to email Richard