- Become a “flyer fiend” and use them!
Collect flyers all the time and bring them with you when you shop
- Comparison shop to see where the deals are.
- Know your prices to pay the lowest price.
- Stock up on non-perishables when the prices are good.
- Mark price on purchased products to avoid paying higher prices in future.
- Shop with a list and stick to it.
- Avoid buying every bargain in sight…do you really need it?
- Try the “house brands;” sometimes they are as good as the name brands at a
much lower price. (PC Plus, Select)
- Share membership at places like Costco; why pay for unnecessary memberships.
- Consider buying in bulk/larger sizes when advantageous; buy by the case, box, etc. but only ‘non-perishables.’
- Avoid shopping when you are hungry.
- Reading weekly ads; doing price comparisons.
- Buying small portions of meats; having veggie only dinners more often.
- Freezing leftovers into meal sized portions for quicker meal preps later.
- Prepare weekly menus in consultation with the published specials of the week.
- Comparison shop and buy in bulk whenever a product you use regularly is on sale.
- Ask about senior’s discount if it applies to you.
- Certain stores,certain day discounts: Bulk Barn, WED, Shoppers Drug Mart, THURS.
More money saving tips coming SOON.
These tips come from Shopping PRO’s:
Dolores F., Kathy W., Barbara T., Judy H., Patricia S., Barbara R., Nadia G., Jan M. and Joanne B.