How Big is Walmart? Do you shop at Walmart?
This should boggle your mind and probably scare you as well!!!!!
- At Walmart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
- This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
- Walmart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
- Walmart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
- Walmart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer, and most can’t speak English.
- Walmart is the largest company in the history of the world.
- Walmart now sells more food than Kroger Safeway combined, keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
- During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
- Walmart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
- Walmart has approx. 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
- This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur At a Walmart store. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 billion).
- 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Walmart.
- The value of the product for Walmart passing through the port of San Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries Gross National Product (GNP)….. and that is only ONE port… one way – that’s how Walmart gets its stuff.
- Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the poverty level.
- Walmart’s head office is located and centralized in Bentonville, AR. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires per square mile there than any place on Earth.
- The official U.S. Government position is that Walmart’s prices are no lower than anyone else’s when compared to typical families weekly purchase. That’s the view of the statisticians at the Bureau Of Labor Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
- 92% of everything Walmart sells, comes from China. Another 4% comes from Chinese owned companies in the U.S. or in 3rd world countries.
- Walmart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on their employees, without their knowledge.
If an employee dies, ALL the insurance money goes to the company. (i.e. An employee making $18,000 per year, dies, and the company might make as much as $1 million. Most often these monies, coming from what is commonly referred to as “Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies”, is paid out to executives as bonuses. A common practice, unknown by the average consumer.
The insurance policy program was actually ended about 2006.
- Walmart now averages a “profit” (not sales) of $36 billion per year.
- Let Walmart bail out Wall Street. If not, consider shopping someplace else.