A report from the Durham Nuclear Health Committee (DNHC)…
The Durham Nuclear Health Committee (DNHC) met Jan, 21, 2017.
A short summary of the presentations which were made:
- Progress report by Ontario Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management concerning Nuclear Emergency Preparedness and plans for 2017.
- Progress report by OPG concerning Nuclear Emergency Preparedness and Plans for 2017.
- Progress report by Durham Emergency Management Office concerning Nuclear Emergency Preparedness and plans for 2017.
- Report by Durham District School Board concerning Nuclear Emergency Preparedness for the schools and plans for 2017.
- Concerned citizen challenged the effectiveness of the evacuation plan and present the update traffic conditions on the evacuation route.
The impression held by some attendees was that the DNHC has been working hard to keep us safe.
There is some disappointment with the lower than optimum turnout for such an important community issue.
The next meeting:
April 21, 2017
(12:00 – 1:00pm, Lunch included, meeting follows)
Durham Regional Headquarters
605 Rossland East
Mark your calendar accordingly and plan to attend.