For 4 decades I’ve called Pickering home, choosing to buy my home and raise my family in Ward 2. This community has become a central part of our lives, which is why it is important for me to put my name forward as candidate for Regional Councillor, Ward 2.
Raising a child with special needs I have been deeply connected to serving our school community and local service groups to make a difference and impact in the life of my son and others like him who need an ally.
I am a passionate coach and mentor with the Greater Durham Special Olympics speed skating team and was honoured to be a recipient of a 2020 City of Pickering Service Award for Volunteer of the Year.
I believe I have the skills necessary to serve our City and Ward with dignity and inclusion. I am a humanities student at the University of Alberta, Faculty of Native Studies and work in a field I love, as a Senior Director at Cologix, a US based data centre technology company, where I am a founding member of Cologix’ Women’s Connection Network.
PESCA – the former Pickering East Shore Community Association. Served as a member at large, President and Past President
- Durham Catholic School Board, Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) – Community Liaison, one term (4 years)
- Royal Canadian Legion #606 – Volunteer since 2018
- Special Olympics National Winter Games 2020 – Athlete Liaison, Speed Skating, Team Ontario
- Special Olympics 2019 Provincial Winter Games – Head Coach, South Central Ontario Speed Skating
- Greater Durham Special Olympics Assistant Coach & Team Manager, Speed Skating – since 2013
- Chair, Parent Involvement Committee, Holy Redeemer & Father Fenelon – 2010 to 2018
It is time for inclusive representation on council – that includes women at the decision-making table, and women as a part of a purpose=led community.
I want to hear from you on issues that affect our community and city. Together we can look for solutions.
Follow me to learn more, linda.ca, for updates and to get in touch.
Only the best,