Valentine’s with a healthy twist. Your most difficult challenge will be getting properly mature avocados.
To bring another exciting dimension to our food, chocolate is (almost) always the answer! And with the healthy fat from the avocado, it’s the perfect combination. So, here’s a recipe to make a creamy chocolate mousse dip that is made of nutritious food items.
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Selection of fresh fruit, strawberries, grapes, bananas
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips with 1/4 cup of milk. Microwave about 1 minute, or until the chocolate is melted (stop the microwave and mix every 15 seconds to avoid sticking)
- In a food processor, add: 2 ripe avocados, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, the melted chocolate and 1 to 2 tbsp of maple syrup. Blend until smooth texture.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, and then serve with fresh fruits.
Make the Healthy Choice the Easy choice.
Lisa Ireland, RD
1792 Liverpool Road, Pickering, ONL1V 4G6
T (cell): (289) 923-2874 | email:firstname.lastname@example.org
facebook – Lisa I., Your Dietitian at Loblaws