Improve your immune health through diet! Vitamin C, Zinc & Vitamin A info
- There are a few key nutrients that can help improve your immune health – Vitamin C being one of them!
- Oranges are probably what comes to mind when you think of vitamin C, but did you know bell peppers are another delicious option to
- Other vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables include strawberries, oranges, kiwi and even broccoli!
- These mini peppers are an easy addition to lunches, or a snack on the go!
- Did you know zinc plays a role in your immune function? The average adult needs 8-11mg of zinc per One serving (3 tbsp) of hemp hearts contain 3mg of zinc! Sprinkle hemp hearts on waffles, oatmeal and yogurt to add a boost of zinc to your breakfast.
- It’s important to maintain a healthy and strong immune system all year round to help prevent Healthy eating and incorporating a few key nutrients can help to boost your immunity!
- Vitamin A works to maintain your immune function and is found in most orange vegetables, such as carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, and butternut A good rule of thumb is to include an orange vegetable every day to meet your vitamin A needs and maintain your immunity all year long! Try adding baby carrots with hummus as a snack or cut sweet potato into fries and roast in the oven with oil and seasonings of your choice. Looking to boost your immunity this year?
- Go to ca and book your free 15-minute chat to learn how your dietitian can help!