ZOOM meetings will be more effective, productive and successful with these guidelines:
- Meeting settings need to be configured with appropriate mic and video controls;
- Waiting rooms should be used to screen/vet participants before admission;
- Passwords should be issued to all potential participants via private emailing.
- Screen sharing, mics, video options should remain in the HOST’s control.
- PAUSE after speaking
- Mics have a ‘sound lag’ which can result in words spoken by one speaker overlapping another. Unmanaged talk will degenerate into incomprehensible garble.
- MAKE YOUR COMMENT, wait for silence or directives from the HOST.
- Gallery view: all participants are displayed in thumbnail images;
- Speaker view: single viewer, speaking, fills the screen without others;
- Full-Screen view: most preferred view as only one window is displayed.
- Unmute all participants
- Computer volume must be active
- Computer volume should be set to the highest level