No need to thaw the fruit for this delectable breakfast crumble. Knock it together as soon as you get up and shower and dress while it bakes for a delicious hot breakfast even the kids will appreciate.
Preparation: 15 mins
Ready in: 1 hr
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC®Organics Power Fruit Blend
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC®Organics Quick Oats
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) PC®Blue Menu®Celeb Margarine – Original
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) PC®0% Greek Yogurt – Plain
How to make
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place frozen fruit in 8-inch square (2 L) glass baking dish. In small bowl, stir together 1 tsp (5 mL) of the brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind and juice; stir into fruit.
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour, remaining brown sugar and salt; using fingers or fork, work in margarine until fine crumb consistency. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake in centre of oven until crumble topping is browned and fruit is bubbly, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm with yogurt.
Make the Healthy choice the Easy choice.
Lisa Ireland, RD
1792 Liverpool Road, Pickering