Click the image below to access the site:
As part of the province’s vaccine distribution plan, the immediate priority groups to receive vaccine in Durham Region are:
- Staff and essential caregivers in long-term care homes, high-risk retirement homes and First Nations elder care homes, and any residents of these settings that have not yet received the first dose of vaccine.
- Alternative level of care patients in hospitals who have confirmed admission to a long-term care home, retirement home or another congregate care home for seniors.
- Highest Priority health care workers, followed by Very High Priority health care workers, in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s guidance on Health Care Worker Prioritization.
- Indigenous adults in northern remote and higher-risk communities (including on-reserve and urban communities).
When all immediate priority groups have received vaccination for COVID-19, the remaining Phase 1 population will receive the vaccine, including:
- Adults 80 years of age and older.
- Staff, residents and caregivers in retirement homes and other congregate care settings for seniors (e.g., assisted living).
- Health care workers in the High Priority level, and in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s guidance on Health Care Worker Prioritization.
- All Indigenous adults.
- Adult recipients of chronic home care.