Being a 47-year resident of Pickering, 41 of which have been in Ward 1, I know very well the issues that are currently affecting and facing residents. Be it the high property taxes or the proposed condo tower construction projects for Rougemount Drive and Kingston Road, the issues are significant and impact us greatly.
As your candidate for City Councillor, Ward 1, I will:
- ensure that budgets are fiscally prudent and that tax revenues are well invested in our community while keeping any tax increases to an absolute minimum;
- advocate for greater community, road and pedestrian safety in our neighbourhoods;
- support infrastructure development to maintain and preserve our existing communities, and plan for future, responsible growth;
- ensure principled, sound and economically feasible planning to attract greater business investment in our city, to help stabilize residential taxes;
- promote openness, transparency, and accountability within our city government.
- A 47-year resident of Pickering, with 41 years in Ward 1
- Attended Dunbarton High School, graduating as a Provincial Scholar
- A graduate of the University of Toronto, earning his B.Sc. in Economics
- Strong business acumen gained through over 30 years of negotiation, controlling expenses and balancing budgets
- Passionate about his community:
- Chair of the South Rosebank (SoRo) Safe Streets Initiative
- Founding member of the Durham Regional Crime Stoppers program
- Successful in getting 24hr ambulance service in Pickering
A long-standing member of local charities:
- Pickering Terry Fox Run
- Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy
Finally, I enjoy spending time in the community with my family, my wife Janice and my son, Alex. I live in South Rosebank where I run daily throughout the neighbourhood.