At risk of poking the bear, here are some mind-boggling facts about this retailer. Buying from Walmart is buying from China.
This should boggle your mind! And probably scare you as well!!!!!
- At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
- This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
- Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
- Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
- Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer, and most can’t speak English.
- Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
- Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger Safeway combined, keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
- During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
- Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
- Wal-Mart has approx. 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
- This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur At a Wal-Mart store. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 billion).
- 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
- The value of product for Wal-Mart passing through the port of San Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries Gross National Product (GNP)… and that is only ONE port… one way – that’s how Wal-Mart gets its stuff.
- Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the poverty level.
- Wal-Mart’s head office is located and centralized in Bentonville, AR. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires per square mile there than any place on Earth.
- The official U.S. Government position is that Wal-Mart’s prices are no lower than anyone else’s when compared to a typical family’s weekly purchase. That’s the view of the statisticians at the Bureau Of Labor Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
- 92% of everything Wal-Mart sells, comes from China. Another 4% comes from Chinese owned companies in the U.S. or in 3rd world Countries.
- Wal-Mart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on its employees, without their knowledge. If an employee dies, ALL the insurance money goes to the companies. (i.e. An employee making $18,000 per year, dies, and the company might make as much as $1 million. Most often these monies, coming from what is commonly referred to as “Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies”, is paid out to executives as bonuses. A common practice, unknown to the average consumer.
- Wal-Mart now averages a “profit” (not sales) of $36 billion per year.
- Let Wal-Mart bail out Wall Street. If not, consider shopping someplace else.
If all the Wal-Mart stores for some reason closed, would China go bankrupt?