The Chinese invented playing cards in AD 1000. Here so some interesting facts and observations about “Playing cards”…
Did you know that the Traditional Deck of the Playing Cards is a strikingly coherent form of a Calendar?
- 52 weeks in the year; 52 Playing Cards in a Deck.
- 13 weeks in each Season; 13 cards in each suit.
- 4 Seasons in a Year; 4 Suits in the Deck.
- 12 Months in a Year; 12 Court Cards (namely Jack, Queen, King in each suit)
- Red Cards represent Day; Black Cards, Night.
- If you let Jacks = 11, Queens = 12, and the Kings = 13, then add up all the sums of 1 + 2 + 3 + …to 13 = 91. Multiply this by 4, for the 4 Suits, therefore 91 x 4 = 364, Add 1 that is the Joker and you will arrive at the number 365 being the Days in a Year. Mere coincidence or greater intelligence?
- Another interesting tidbit: add up the letters in “one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, Jack, Queen, King” = 52!
- Spades indicate ploughing or working.
- Hearts indicates Love thy crops.
- Clubs indicates flourishing and growth.
- Diamonds indicate reaping wealth.
- 2 Jokers are used to indicate Leap year.
Thus there is a deeper philosophy than just merely Playing Cards.
The Mathematical perfection is mind-blowing.