Please review this list carefully to see if you meet the eligibility requirements:
You will be turned away if you are unable to provide proof.
- Adults 80 years or older, or who will be turning 80 in 2021
- Indigenous adults 55+
- Primary health care provider and office staff
- Community based medical specialists and office staff
- Pharmacist and pharmacy staff (those who work directly in the pharmacy)
- Walk-in clinic and walk in clinic staff
- Dentistry/oral surgeon and office staff
- Midwifery practice and office staff
- NP-led clinic and office staff
- Community health centre staff
- Firefighters (medical first responders)
- Long-term care and retirement home staff and
- Hospital worker with direct patient care
- Hospital non patient-facing staff
- Lab/diagnostic service – health care provider or office staff
- Police (who act as medical first responders)
- Mental health / addictions / developmental services/campus health
- Social work/social services (providing in person services)
- Non-acute rehab and therapy
- Naturopath and holistic care (direct patient care)
- Congregate living staff
- Independent health specialty
- Diagnostic imaging staff
- Chronic home care patients 16 years of age and older (Note: care providers of chronic home care patients are not eligible at this time)
Carefully review the following questions:
- Do you have any allergies to the vaccine components (Moderna, Pfizer)?
- Have you ever had a severe allergic reaction?
- Do you have any other active infection?
- Are you experiencing signs/symptoms of COVID-19 infection?
If you answered yes to any question, 1-4, please contact your doctor. We cannot vaccinate you at this time.
- Have you received another vaccine (not a COVID-19 vaccine) in the past 14 days?
If you answered yes to question 5, book your appointment a minimum of 14 days after your last vaccination.
- Do you have an uncontrolled bleeding disorder?
- Are you immunosuppressed due to disease or treatment, or do you have an autoimmune disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Are you breastfeeding?
If you answered yes to any question, 6-9, consult with your doctor prior to booking a vaccination appointment. If unable to reach your physician, you may access a virtual medical consult, click here https://durhamvirtualurgentcare.lh.ca.
If you have already consulted with your doctor and you can receive the vaccination, continue to next question.
- Have you ever had a serious reaction following immunization that has not been investigated?
If you answered yes to question 10, please contact the Durham Region Health Connection Line at 1-888-444-5113 prior to booking a vaccination appointment. We need to follow-up to ensure it is safe for you to receive the vaccine at our clinics.