McMaster Optimal Aging Portal has an inf0rmative post about diabetes and prediabetes, health topics very worth considering and monitoring. To read the McMaster page, click: McMaster Optimal Aging Portal
Some notes from the video:
PREDIABETES is having higher than normal or higher than average glucose levels. These higher levels are usually associated with diabetes patients.
HOW TO DELAY DIABETES
- Journalling: log or record food intake to identify and see an eating pattern;
- Healthy eating: quality foods trump quantity of food. Work on weight reduction, activity increase, and an awareness of how these are affected in your daily living.
- Regular monitoring of glucose levels: a glucose monitor
Such a device can be used to monitor glucose levels after and before meals, and after and before activities to assess effects.
- Get professional help: have your family doctor refer you to a specialist, a nutritionist, or a dietitian.
- Confer with the website: Diabetes Canada