A federal election that puts voters into a very difficult decision-making situation.
In Canada, you cannot vote for the party leader. You can only vote for the party candidate in your riding. If she is good, you get a good rep…but consider this: what if you do not like the party leader? A vote for that party’s candidate is a vote for the party, a vote for the leader. You cannot separate your local rep from your party leader.
If you are thinking of voting for Trudeau, consider some of the following:
- WE scandal…remember that?
- Family members cashing in on WE remuneration
- Vaccine contract badly negotiated
- Misogynistic treatment of Jodie Raybold-Wilson
- 25 years of undrinkable water on Indigenous lands
- Badly equipping RCMP force in Maritimes
- Inept vetting of Julie Payette for the office of GG
- Failure to complete missing indigenous women cases in western Canada
- Buying oil pipeline project that was rejected by the USA
- Failure to implement unified COVID strategy for all Canadians
- Continued misogynism in RCMP and Canada’s military
- Continued questionable vetting process: Canada’s defence chief Art McDonald for allegations of misconduct.
- Vaccine purchases were ongoing purchase confusion
- Pharmacare…who cares
- Child care…so many strings attached, fuggedaboutit !
- Typical pre-campaign low hanging fruit: Child care support in Quebec, Child care support in BC, $500 payment to all over-75 Cdn citizens, more money to reduce drinking water issues on remaining 50 reserves
- Calling an election during the FOURTH WAVE of the pandemic