Gmail signatures are automatically generated by Gmail. Customize your signature to promote your book sales.
Gmail signatures are automatically generated to any gmaill you write. Take advantage of this free book promotion opportunity. Better still, include an image of you book cover in the signature. Even better, if you have a celebrity or an award, put it on the image to give your book cover more gravitas. Remember these signatures are automatically appended to each of your outgoing Gmail messages.
Here’s an example of one of the award winning WAG writers:
Here is an example from New York Times Bestselling author, Alka Joshi:
Here’s how to create your own customized signature in Gmail:
If you have multiple gmail addresses, you can have a customized email address that is different for each gmail address/account.
HOW TO CREATE THE SIGNATURE AS SHOWN ABOVE
- OPEN YOUR GMAIL HOME SCREEN and click on the ‘Gear’ at the top right
- Click on “See all settings”
- Scroll down to “signatures” … way down below….
three areas of note: 1. your created email addresses ( you likely have just one; you should make at least 2)
2. The area where you customize your text
3. the controls used to make format changes to your text, also to add an image.
- Assign the custom signature to the gmail address you choose and remember, the one you choose is the one which is used to send out the email. So, if I have customized “firstname.lastname@example.org” as highlighted, it is the one which will have the customized signature. Not any of the other gmail addresses.
- Scroll down to “Save Changes,” click and save your work.
- When you send out email using that gmail address as the sender, its customized signature will be used in the message.
Easy, effective and worthwhile.